Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chocolate Crinkles

When I was in High School, a classmate would bring Chocolate Crinkles and all of us will try to get our hands on it. I'd be lucky if I could get a bite. So, I felt deprived. When I saw this recipe online, I knew I just have to do it - all those years of deprivation! *tears* Hehehe


I took step-by-step pictures. But unfortunately, my ever efficient husband thought I've already saved them on our computer that he has deleted all of the pictures. But it's really very easy. What's hard is trying to resist the urge of devouring them all in one sitting.


CHOCOLATE CRINKLES

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
Directions:

In a mixer bowl, mix together cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.

In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the cocoa mixture.

Cover dough and chill for at least 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1” balls. Coat each ball in powdered sugar before placing into prepared cookie sheets.



Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.


Chocolate Crinkles                                                              

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...