Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

I'm sure everybody has baked Chocolate Chip Cookies before. My first baking endeavor was Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip Cookie mix. And my son was satisfied with it for the longest time...until I found this recipe online and after so many attempts and tweaking - have become our almost weekly go-to craving fix. My craving to bake something, anything. My son's craving for sweets.

Every time I bake cookies, my son would say, "Mom, this is the best chocolate chip cookies in the world!" It makes me smile and completes my day. But, you know, he's my son. Of course, he'd say that. Right? He's 5.


But last Saturday, I had a surprise visit from a friend/ex-coworker/churchmate and her family. We had Panda Express to-go for dinner and I baked my cookies. I heard her daughter say, "Mom, this is the best cookies I've ever had!" I pretended not to hear it. My friend asked her daughter to repeat what she said to me. Awww...see? I'm smiling again.

Anyway, so I guess it means it's good enough to share. I love sharing. Gotta spread the love.



CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Servings: 10-12

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon hottest tap water
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.

Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Add to the batter along with the salt.

Stir in the flour and chocolate chips.

Use an ice-cream scoop to drop dough into baking sheets.



Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are nicely browned. Cool in the pan for 1 minute before transferring into cooling racks.



Chocolate Chip Cookies                                                            

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...